SEASONAL PART TIME
Summer Day Camp Programs, Secaucus NJ
The Town of Secaucus Recreation Department is looking for a committed individual whose enthusiasm for working with children with disabilities is apparent through their work experience. Summer Day Camp operates six (6) to seven (7) week programs
The purpose of this position is to manage a staff of camp counselors who are the primary
caregivers for each camper. Responsible for planning, coordinating and communicating the
goals, expectations of the program to the staff and parents.
Please email resume to Karyn Taylor, Admin. Asst. Recreation Dept. firstname.lastname@example.org
- BA in Special Education and/or experience working with children with a range of disabilities.
- Must be knowledgeable with typical IEP modifications and be able to provide implementations and accommodations in the recreational setting.
- Must assess whether camper needs 1 to 1 aide as well as monitor if the appointed counselor is abiding by any accommodations and/or modifications.
- Prior teaching or Summer Camp Administration experience strongly preferred.
- Applicant must obtain federal and state background clearances.
- Must have excellent communication skills; and possess a professional presentation.
- Must be creative, enthusiastic and have strong desire to mentor children.
- Must be available prior to start of camp for planning and coordination with Recreation Director.
- Must be able to provide the proper planning, execution, and evaluation of the day-to-day programmatic and logistical operations of the Summer Day Camp
- Be aware of and implement safety guidelines.
- Possess strong pc skills with Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and other database systems.