JOB TITLE: ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK
||Flex sched. may inc. late sessions
||SPEA – White Collar unit
The purpose of this position is to provide a broad range of administrative support
duties related to the various day to day functions of the Police Department, including assisting
the Municipal Court with pre-trial preparation of cases, assisting in background investigations,
dealing with digital evidence, processing requests under Discovery and OPRA and assisting
Municipal, State and Federal Agencies through various functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Including but not limited to the following. Other duties may be
- Assisting Court with pre-trial preparation of court cases.
- Prepare routine correspondences and reports.
- Interface with court personnel to obtain and recall information.
- Assisting in background investigations for applicants applying for firearms licensing.
- Assisting Municipal, State and Federal Agencies through various functions.
- Working with digital Evidence.
- Processing Discovery and OPRA Requests.
- Maintain confidentiality of all police department business.
- Processing Court ordered expungements.
- Assisting in providing State and Federal agencies with complete case file records for court hearings involving arrestee.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Other administrative duties as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma required, or equivalent, some college a plus.
- Minimum two (2) years administrative clerical experience, preferable within a police department environment.
- Must pass a police department background investigation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, bilingual Spanish is a plus.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills in dealing courteously and tactfully with the public and other personnel. Maintain confidentially when dealing with the public sector
- Possess strong computer skills in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and other various database systems, such as CAD software.
- Ability to apply common sense, understanding, and independent judgment to carry out instructions furnished verbally or written form.
- Due to the nature of the environment must maintain the confidentiality and secrecy of all
information received or discerned in the department.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands
and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required
by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
In accordance with certain agreements between the Town of Secaucus and various employee bargaining units, the above job opportunity is hereby posted for a period of not less than five (5) days prior to action by the Town of Secaucus to fill the vacancy. To
apply submit your resume/application to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting expires: October 14, 2021, EOE/M/F/D/V