JOB TITLE: LABORER / DRIVER (2 FULL TIME)
||6:30 am to 3:00 pm
||370 Secaucus Road
||Road, Repair & Maintenance
||Local #11 Blue Collar Unit
The purpose of this job is to perform duties under supervision to maintain and repair properties of the municipality, using variety of machines, tools and equipment. Routine and specialized work involved in the construction, maintenance and repair of streets, sewer, water, sanitation, recycling, parks and other public facilities. Performs any other manually skilled and/or unskilled duties as may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Required to operate, check, service and repair trucks, and other varied maintenance and construction equipment in the garage/shop and in the field.
- Performs routine manual work in digging and backfilling excavations.
- Handles heavy materials on construction, maintenance and repair projects.
- Lays pipe, bricks and blocks.
- Rakes materials, leaves and grass cuttings; trims and prunes shrubs; cuts bushes and trees.
- Mows lawns and operates lawn mowing equipment.
- Sweeps and removes refuse from streets and sidewalks.
- Shovels snow removes ice and snow from pavement and spreads sand and chemicals to control conditions.
- Drives truck, backhoe, street sweeper, and other municipal vehicles.
- Repairs streets and sidewalk with asphalt, cold patching materials and concrete, using shovel, hand roller, trowel, level and tamp.
- Replaces worn or damaged parts, such as hoses, wiring, and belts in machine, equipments, trucks, street sweeper, and riding mower.
- Hand washes vehicles.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma required or equivalent
- Valid New Jersey driver’s license free from any convictions for the last three (3) years with CDL endorsement required.
- Experience in driving and operating heavy construction and snow plowing equipment is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals as labeled under "Right to Know" New Jersey State Law, extreme cold, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
In accordance with certain agreements between the Town of Secaucus and various employee bargaining units, the above job opportunity is hereby posted for a period of not less than five (5) days prior to action by the Town of Secaucus to fill the vacancy. To apply submit application and/or resume to email@example.com.
Reference code: LABORER/DRIVER EOE/M/F/D/V