ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICER (FULL TIME)
Seeking qualified individual to perform any combination of duties relating to the treatment and care of animals. Maintain public safety by enforcing animal licensing laws and humane care regulations while on patrol.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Include the following (other duties may be assigned).
- Responsible for trapping, removing, and relocating wildlife animals.
- On-call schedule to respond to emergency situations of animals in need.
- Responds to calls of animals in distress; removes animals from inhumane conditions and transport
animals to shelter and / or hospital for treatment and care.
- Keep shelter clean, including but not limited to, cleaning of animal cages, dog runs and cat litter
- Responsibilities include feeding animals, walking dogs, and socializing with animals.
- Write incident reports of activities and complaints.
- Responsible for picking up stray animals.
- Performs wildlife animal control activities.
- Work closely with Health Department on notices for animal bites as standard procedure.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma required or equivalent, some college a plus.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a related animal shelter environment.
- Must have a valid NJ State license/certification issued as Animal Control Officer.
- Must have a valid driver’s license issued by the New Jersey Division of Motor Vehicles, free of any
conviction in the last three (3) years.
- The individual must have a humane outlook on the care and handling of domestic animals to
prevent pain and suffering in carrying out assigned responsibilities.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess strong customer service skills in politely dealing with the public sector, sometimes
under stressful circumstances.
- Must be able to disseminate information relating to operations in a clear, concise, and consistent
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications including Word, and Excel; knowledgeable in other
database systems a plus.
Salary is $35,000.00 and offers NJSHB package including pension benefits. To Apply: complete an
application online or send your resume to email@example.com
Reference code: ANIMAL SHELTER EOE/M/F/D/V
Posting expires: September 10, 2021