ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT FOR VARIOUS RECREATION PROGRAMS (FULL TIME)
Seeking qualified individual to administer existing programs for the Beyond the Bell, EPOS and
Teen Center, as well as working with the Recreation Department or other departments to
develop additional programs as may be needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Working closely with teachers and outside vendors to develop new programs as well as
research other successful after school programs and recruit teachers/vendors to run
- Work closely with School Administrators to secure adequate space in facilities to run
- Work closely with local business to bring their services to the after-school setting.
- Create flyers, set up and manage programs registration and wait list.
- Work directly with mentally disabled adults in a program-based setting.
- Work with the Recreation Superintendent to create budget for programs. Manage paperwork for instructors including applications and voucher payments.
- Communicate regularly with parents regarding program schedule changes and to receive feedback.
- Manage all supervisors to ensure they have all appropriate information and resources and are following program guidelines.
- Purchase supplies for programs.
- Assist with Summer Camp programs as may be needed as directed by the Superintendent of Recreation.
- High School diploma required; college degree preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in related field.
- Possess excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills in dealing courteously and tactfully with
the public, vendors and other personnel, sometimes under stressful circumstances.
- Experience in developing programs for mentally disabled adults.
- Experience working directly with mentally disabled adults in a program-based setting.
- Experience in developing programs for and working closely with teenagers.
- Must be able to disseminate information relating to Town operations in a clear, concise
and consistent manner.
- Must always maintain confidentially of clientele.
- Possess strong organization skills.
- Knowledge in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and various other types of database systems, electronic information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
Salary is $35,000.00 and Position offers NJSHB benefits. To apply submit resumes to Human
Resources at email@example.com
Reference code: RECREATION PROGRAMS EOE/M/F/D/V
Posting expires: September 10, 2021